Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Santa Monica

I realized most of our blog posts die a slow unwavering death in the draft folder, so I am determined to get something published, haha. Here's a short post of one of my favourite places during the US trip. We made LA one of the stops because the boys wanted to catch a Lakers match (which we didn't in the end because the team didn't make it to playoffs, :( ) and ended up with a little too much time on our hands. And oh! I decided there's no way I would ever finish going through the US photos so I decided to just randomly blog about my favourite stops, hahah.

Took a surprise short trip down to Santa Monica Pier and I was really glad we did. The beach was deserted no thanks to the weather (we were freezing in the cold winds and single digit temperature) but it was so surreally gorgeous that way.



deserted beach 


the little amusement park that had us taking ferris wheels ride non-stop

The operator was mad bored because there was no customer and we actually made 5-7 rounds on the wheel before she dropped us off, haha. Same for the roller coaster!


sleepy guardhouse looking out to the empty sea 



The waters were deceptively cold. Silly boys dared each other to jump in and well, if you've dealt with 27-year-olds who act half their age sometimes, the result is not too hard to guess.



Managed to catch the sunset before heading off for the day, coldest sunset I ever watched.

We drove down from our hotel in Hollywood and it didn't take us very long to reach. I think it will most probably be tourist infested during the warmer summer days but that's another whole vibe to the place altogether I suppose. The LA pass which we purchased got us free entrance/rides to the amusement park (which is basically the age/standard of your neighbourhood pasar malam) so if you were planning to visit the beach anyway, just hop on the ferris wheel for some great photo opportunities.

Hokayyyy mission accomplished, end of quickie post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment