Thursday, July 28, 2011

So. I've been whining the past week because I just got braces on. :(

Hokayyy to backtrack a little, pre-everything, I have an underbite. For the uninformed, it means instead of your top set of teeth being over your bottom row like how normal happy smiles are, mine was sadly the other way round. I had braces for 4 painful years in my teenage years to correct this, but it was a futile attempt to say the least. My jaw worsened over the years as it continued to grow in my late teens. Anyhow, it wasn't a huge issue with me until I realized in recent years, my jaw had started to deviate to the right as well. And trust me, it was making life very difficult because I couldn't chew my food properly and my jaw hurt like a bitch at random moments.

So I finally decided to visit the orthodontist and a dental surgeon to get an opinion and was recommended lower jaw surgery, advice that I had already concluded on based on my prior research (try reading the entire thread in flowerpod, it's a mind blowing mine of information). Braces treatment is a pre-requisite for the surgery so I got the braces on a week back and have been suffering ever since, lol. It seems like the pain is magnified when you are an adult instead of a blur young thing, darn.

Everyone keeps saying they can't tell I got braces on because I chose ceramic ones:

Pre braces


Post braces 


Hahaha ok I know, not very obvious but I think you can tell my jaw grew longer. My teeth has been reshuffling themselves and I've been feeling my underbite worsening (it's supposed to worsen a great deal so they can do the surgery) so I hope I will be ready for surgery asap. Lol, so the next time you catch me around, please don't comment on how much resemblance I now bear to those Disney villains, :(

No comments:

Post a Comment