Saturday, August 6, 2011

Midnight musings

It's a tough world we live in, I know.

A conversation with someone sparked off this thought process:

Why is it others will always seek to step on you on their way up?
Is there no sensible path that we can all take, to promote not only self growth, but moving the industry forward as a whole?
Why do we engage in petty debates so frequently; these politics are too mentally exhausting and more often than not, they serve no real purpose (because no one remembers why they start in the first place anyway).

I try, I do. I get sucked into the mess that's swirling around and I tell myself to mind my own business and keep a clear head. I keep wanting to believe that you don't have to play dirty to keep yourself ahead, that pure grit and determination will help you succeed, with a dash of luck thrown in for good measure. So here's a dose of advice I've been feeding myself conscientiously, don't get so caught up in it all, that when you stop and reflect one day, you've already lost more than you gained.

*****

Another day, another hope.
So keep faith my darlings, keep faith. Everything will be A-okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment