Saturday, April 21, 2012

How was your week?

Hokay. So blogger updated their interface and I am a little overwhelmed by the complete overhaul. Sad reason excuse to put off the blogging. Ahem.

My week in pictures, if you don't follow me (I can't believe they paid $1b for Instagram, I wonder how the 13 employees are happy campers about the sale.):

Marmalade pantry makes the world a better place.

Words of truth etched. 

Weekly efforts to take time off work and breathe.

24-hour NTUC saves the day night when there is nothing else to do before a midnight movie. 

I got a random call today, an unknown number that I felt compelled to answer. (And if you know me, I hardly pick up unknown numbers because most of them are annoying telemarketers.) It was someone that I grew up with, and grew apart from, because of reasons outside of my control. I was strangely touched by the effort to reconnect but the present-day me had grown so different, it was impossible for me to turn back time and pretend everything was A-okay once more.

It's like a slippery slope. We all try to live each day happier/better than the previous one, till we hit a rut and take ten steps backwards in our quest. We sulk/whine/bawl about it for a moment or two, then get up and have another go at it. This is life, and cliche as it sounds, really way too short to be anything but happy.

And so yes, this is what happens when I finally find time to blog in the death of the night: yet another out of the blue pensive post.

No comments:

Post a Comment