Wednesday, December 8, 2010

my 4am ramblings.

Angsty post ahead, please skip if you don't care for my incessant whining.
(I am not targeting anyone or any particular incident, it is just an accumulation of matters.)

I am, by my own admission, not a very patient person. I make a conscious effort everyday to handle my dealings with customers properly, and force myself to put, well, me in their shoes. And yes, because of this, I hope I come across as mildly professional, if not, friendly and helpful. I am happier with my camera and photoshop, because it's what I do best. It is like how Yingdan knows all the regulars (and deadbuyers) almost by heart, and can rattle off the arrival dates of our stocks and backorders.

The latest collection almost drove me over the edge, largely due to the overwhelming orders  (thank you for the love!) and the crazy amounts of special requests. I know a large part of any online retailer's reputation has to do with their customer service, and believe me, we've been trying really hard from day 1. I know we slip up at times and I am not expecting anyone to pardon us for that, because as an avid shopper myself, I know it is not supposed to be your problem, it is solely our own and just something that we've to keep working at.

There are of course, things that are simply no longer within our means, and for these instances, please do cut us some slack. We know some ladies prefer meetups, so we schedule bi-weekly ones in centralized locations to accommodate everyone. I hate to reject special requests, but there's simply no other way. It might be "at our convenience" but it is undeniable that our work flow will be disrupted and what was originally meant as "at our convenience" will translate into us re-scheduling our day and endless SMSes about directions and last minute changes. :(

On a side note, the number we hand out for meetups is not our personal line. It's a mobile line we got for LilyPirates and the phone is usually off most of the time (except on meetup days) so we don't attend to sms orders.

And yes, deadbuyers. Dear deadbuyers, please tell me how to accept your orders when you've previously deadbuy despite numerous warnings. :( We take deadbuying seriously and if you find yourself guilty of it and not receiving invoices even though you commented really early, then yes you are most probably blacklisted. The terms and conditions have been stated, so please be considerate and not comment just because you wanted to buy more time to consider your purchase. It is extremely trying to stick to our guns and blacklist deadbuyers, but it must be done, because it simply wouldn't be fair to the others, isn't it?

One last note, but this is just for clarification purposes. Our dear model stands at 1.7m and believe me when I say she has extremely long legs and a shorter torso. :( I know our apparels tend to look a little on the short side on her, but do take her height into consideration. Most of the time, what looks decently long on her will be appallingly long on most of the female population (unless, of course, you are her height). Sizing, especially length, is something we are working on for our manufactured items, and 33 inches seem like a good compromise for everyone. It seems like size S and M can no longer suffice, so we are definitely looking into bringing in more sizes.

To end things off, a heartfelt thank you to all our customers. From the regulars to the not so frequent buyers, thank you for giving us a chance and liking our apparels enough to make a purchase. We truly appreciate all your kind words and understanding emails, gently pointing out our flaws when problems crop up.

Hokayyy end of ranting. If you've stayed with me through this post, thank you for your 5 mins.
Time for a hot shower and bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment