Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Paris 2011!

This is going to be a very long post, to make up for the fact that my last proper entry was 5 mths ago! :S
Snippets about the trench we are launching tonight is gg to be littered all over the post so you must read till the very end, mwhahaha! :D

This story starts more than a year ago in Oct 2010. I had a huge fight with the boy then and we didn't talk for 2+ weeks. I thought it was going to be the end of us there and then. :'( We fought cause I want to go on a holiday together and he didn't, it snowballed into one manic day of tantrums and lead to an ultimatum. In that two weeks apart, I went on a trip alone to Bintan and spent one relaxing weekend just chilling and sorting out my thoughts. At the end of it, I came up with this little note to myself.


Fast forward a few months to April 2011, creamy got posted to France/Germany for a 3 mths work stint. Coincidentally,  Chrispy (the other one third of our little gang) will also be in Paris at the same time!! How exciting is that right?!!! I took it as a sign that I have to go complete our rendez-vous de trois personnes. haha! So I booked my tickets and bubbled over with excitement cause I'm gg to PARIS for the very first time!!!! O M Geeee!!

Few weeks before I flew off, I walked into AX at Taka randomly and saw a lovely trench that reminded me of Kate Middleton's Burberry one. The moment I tried it on, I knew that this is THE trench! That day, I actually left the shop emtpy handed cause the perfect trench didn't come cheap and wld have made me 380 buckeroos poorer. I went home and dreamt about if for days, telling everyone who wld listen how perfect it was. I even tried resisting the urge to buy by going down to Zara, Mango, Massimo Dutti and all sorts of winter wear shops to try their trench coats in an attempt to find a cheaper alternative. But in all honesty, my heart was already sold. You know that feeling when you feel like a million dollars when you don sthg of the perfect cut? I still get that feeling when I wear it today!!! *dreamy sigh* So of course I bought it and beamed with joy cause I deem it Paris worthy. heh! :D


Day 1 in Paris, outside the Pentagon and soaking in cute French Girls on bicycles with baguettes in their front baskets. and basically going omgparisomgparisomgparis the whole day! haha :D



Day 2, awesomeposum trench follows me everywhere I go!



Hot Chocolate and some eggy toast which was so very good!


Tour at Moulin Rouge district, also their red light district!


random strawberry tart which taste better than any I had in SG!!


Day 3, dear yf took leave cause it's the last day all 3 of us will be in Paris together!





At Louvre, free entry on Friday evenings!




We couldn't get a decent shot of all three of us the whole trip, urgh!!!





Dinner recommended by Lonely Planet and it was really really good. No pictures of the cherry tart but I am salivating thinking about it! :) The wind was so strong when we were walking back that day, and because I was wearing a sleeveless top, my beloved trench really saved my life!


Day 4 was really hectic cause we tried to cover alot!
Went to a weekend flea market in the morning and bought iphone charger for 9euros. hehs!



Lunch at some family restaurant where the food looks better than it tasted!


At Palace of Versailles which was so gorgeous and I literally sprinkled my fairy dust all over cause my skirt was dropping sparkles! :D



One of my favourite shots from the whole trip, i love my Chrispy Creams!! my favourite shot cannot be posted or they'll unfriend me :(



On our way to Eiffel Tower, and yes!! Ladurée in my arms for a complete Parisian experience.
The Ladurée boy serving was so CUTE!! He spoke to me in Japanese and when I said I'm not from Japan, he blushed! I could have melted and died on the spot O.O


I think we queued for 3 hours just to go to the top!!! so many ppl, not as romantic as i have hoped but still a must go just cause you're in Paris thing :)





Finally at the top, so glad it was with you, fernnnyy!! :)


back at the bottom when my dear friend kept laughing at me cause i took a gazillion shots, still, I didn't manage to get one that is to my full satisfaction so I"m definitely gg back one day!


Day 5 we decided to take things easy. 
Look abit chubby here cause I was wearing a money pouch under my cardigan. My only gripe about my original version is that it doesn't have inner pockets! But no fret, we added pockets to LilyPirates' version so you can safe keep your money and passport! :D


Did a city tour and walked down Champs-Elysees. All those boutiques are tourist attractions on their own. So elegant la!! :)


At Arc de Triomphe



 Mussels for dinner which was super yummy!!!



Day 6 in Paris and I was alone cause creamy had to go back to work..


Didn't do much except visit Cathedrale Notre Dame and attempted searching for the boy's birthday present. Was absolutely bumped tt day cause I walked a few streets to reach Hermès at 6.40pm only to realise they close at 6.30pm. So shiok their lives!!!


Day 7, last day in Paris so I visited the Eiffel Tower again!


I don' have a clear picture of the back of the trench but it has a slit down the middle that helps to make your legs look slimmer and also, I love that there is material under the flaps so the two flaps don't flap out to expose your legs like how some work skirts do! hope i'm making sense here!

Also went to try out authentic French cuisine in a reaturant recommended by my dear supplier.


Some complimentary pea soup which I did not finish. It's actually quite refreshing and all the French ppl around me finished theirs but pea?! eeks! 


Duck confit salad.
Was expecting the duck to be cooked but it came raw a preserved! :'(


Grilled fish on a bed of patato gratin, I wiped the plate clean!


Cheese board, both the bread and cheese are so yummay!!


Paid 100 euros for this meal and this dessert totally stopped me from accusing them of day light robbery.
It was that good!! :D


And of course, what is a trip to Paris without a little bit of shopping? ;)

Wanted to continue the post with my second and third leg in Barcelona and Madrid, and my trip to London and Milan with the boy but this already took me 4 hours!! *HORRORS!!* so i'll just have to do it another day, meh!

For your info, the Duchess of Lilies Trench we launched tonight is the exact same cutting as my original one. The material is also 90% similar! I am someone who is pretty afraid of cold (will freeze in office kind), and the trench helped me survive spring in Paris and autumn in London. The temperature was approximately 10 to 20 degrees celsius when I was there. Of course, I usually layer it over a long sleeved cotton cardigan when it's not that cold. When it got colder in London, I'll wear a cashmere sweater and it feels fine! Happy Shopping babes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment