Friday, December 31, 2010

Auld Lang Syne

For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

Last post of the year, I am a little overwhelmed by how fast the year has zoomed by (even though I am rather elated to say goodbye to good old 2010). It's been an overly eventful 2010, so much so that I didn't think my heart could have handled anymore than what the year threw me. But you know, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. 

Nobody told me about how being 24 would be such a ride. I left a job that I've slogged at for 2.5 years. I watched my best friend propose and bask in happiness. I seen another one close to heart dump everything he ever owned, to pursue his dreams. I took a big leap of faith to expand the business (hello rental invoices and ACRA dealings). I discovered how some friends were just not meant to be friends forever. I learnt to truly believe and accept that imitation is the highest form of flattery. All in all, I had 12 months' worth of drama. 

And even though I am not the best when it comes to keeping resolutions, this year, I will be preparing my list, saying my prayers and firmly telling myself that it's high time I show some discipline. Top of the list, learn to live and love. I am in constant fear of looking back on my past, and seeing all those moments that I've been afraid to let go, the missed opportunities to be happy. It's a strange tug of war inside of me that's a little too convoluted to explain right here, but yes, you get the gist (I think most people feel this too). 

I am also strangely compelled to go on as many trips in the coming year as possible, even though my bank account is in a very dismal state. I figured if the travelling wasn't done when I could still proclaim myself to be a bright young thing, there would be no other way I could endure 14-hour flights.  

Because picture-less posts are always a tad depressing, here's an unglam shot of the three owners of Swing&Snap Studios: 

Us at some godforsaken timing in the wee hours of the morning, trying to finish up packing. 


End of post because I am running late for my own countdown do! 
Have a fantastic celebration everyone, I will see you in 2011! 


No comments:

Post a Comment