Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Of sun and water

I took a ridiculously long time to photoshop this series of photos, because I was having a little trouble with the concept. You see, we hardly do outdoor shoots because of the many issues involved. The planning, the logistics, the schedules, it's honestly quite a nightmare. Full respect to those who do these shoots on a regular basis, not easy at all! So not too long ago, I finally managed to persuade the team to head out for a shoot, albeit being a tad last minute and madly random, I think we managed to get the shots I wanted.

Kudos to Rach for sacrificing her only sleep in day to entertain her bosses, and I know I am not the world's easiest photographer to work with (yes, I really do know, so don't pout at me anymore!). I usually like shooting in the studio, because it's a controlled environment and you don't need to deal with flying insects and the moody sun. And there's the best invention of the century, called airconditioning. It doesn't help that Yingdan and I break out in perspiration very easily, unlike our dear model who seems to be born without sweat glands. :O

This shoot had me wading in water, sitting on random patches of grass and doing balancing acts on weird surfaces (because Rach is too tall and I am too short). And Yingdan had to follow two of us around like a nanny, holding all the barangs (random accessories, tissue paper, and erm my camera bag, hahaha). I wish I got a shot of us behind the scene, you would have known how grumpy we actually were. The weather was much more kind during Nic's shoot, and I am glad we didn't torture her too much. She's an absolute pro at outdoor shoots though!

Hahaha, anywayyyy enough whining, here's the preview for you ladies! :)

Fans of the previous Piano Concerto Blouse can rejoice! :) You ladies loved it so much, we decided to manufacture the piece in a better material/workmanship, and new color combinations!

Here's the original in cream/black, very classy and mod!


Tongue in cheek fun with the blue/black version, I really like how the dark shades work well together to create a bolder look.


And the surprise of the lot: the teal/cream combination. I usually record down the colors of our manufactured designs once we place orders, but I couldn't, for the life of me, remember this one. Hahaha turns out we were trying something a little brighter and happier, and I am really pleased with the way it turned out. Cheery enough to highlight your smile, but still a safe wardrobe addition for most.


A surprisingly easy to throw on piece, the mustard throwover with shredded details is the one to turn to, when it comes to keeping things interesting.


We were swept away by this lovely deep green printed piece with its ribbon trimmed lapels. The fit is reminiscent of the flippy short minis you see in the eighties, no? :)


This one's for those who have been asking us for plain flare skirts like the one we always feature, :) A close enough similarity in a softer fabric!


Clean lines with a pop of color, that's what I was grinning about when I saw this romper. It's seriously hard not to love this piece, with its shiny military buttons and easy fit. The kelly green shade goes fabulously well with neutrals, so it's not difficult to dress this up or down.


And the top reason why Rach wanted to murder me, :( I made her wear a thick shrug and sit in the hot sun (it was really very hot!), while waiting for the breeze to pick up. HAHA. But heyyy, I waited in the sun with her too! Anyhow, a basic black skater dress is our latest fascination because it's so easy to wear and goes great with anything!


I immediately stashed this the moment I saw it, hahaha. How not to love!! The heart motifs are wayyy too irresistible!


And another one for the bold shades lovers! Betty Boop-ish dress in a lovely lovely shade of red! The contrast piping trimming is the work of a genius!


This one reminds me of fairytales and dark woods where snow capped mushrooms sprout. And the sleeves! Wondrously draped and very full of character.


And the last one on the list: an aztec printed frock with full length sleeves that's great for a casual day out. The striking shades caught our attention, it's simply too gorgeous to ignore!


Questions can be directed here: http://formspring.me/lilypirates.

On a side note, for those asking us about our annual lookbook, yes we are doing it! The shipment has yet to arrive though, so we are twiddling our thumbs hoping they all turn up real soon. Cannot wait to do a showcase, I really do like our pieces quite a dandy bit this year, :) And in case you are wondering, yepppp we got pretty pieces lined up all the way till Valentine's Day so rejoice! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment