Tuesday, November 8, 2011

We just finished a 5hour long outdoor photoshoot and some last minute but urgent sample viewing on a public holiday, so all I want to do is to lie flat and sleep for 24hours. zzz..

But, I MUST share the story behind this week's manufactured item! :D About 2 months back, while shopping at Raffles City, I saw a dress on Topshop's mannequin and literally gasped! haha, gave the boy quite a shock cause I'm seldom so excited about shopping. Don't get me wrong, I do love pretty things but when I'm surrounded by clothes every single day, it really takes something special to get me excited.


Anyway, so this is the something special tt had me grinning from ear to ear. I LOOOOOOVE the prints and the peekaboo lace crochet waist!!! Always wanted to own something like that and I'm over the moon that I finally found it. The waisted flare skirt cutting is just icing on top of a yummy cherry cake. teehee!


Even the boy thinks it's mad pretty cause he kept asking me to wear my new dress the subsequent weekends ♥.♥ However, if you take a closer look at the dress, you will realise that the cutting is less than perfect. The waist is a tad too low making me look like I have an unusually long torso. And the silliest thing about the dress is that it has a row of functional buttons at the back!! To get into the dress, I have to turn the back to the front, do up the buttons, turn the dress round before slipping my hands into the armholes. And all that trouble for a $89 dress.. Seriously, what were they thinking?

But do not fret!! We bring you the newly improved, LilyPirates version 2.1. heeheehee! Ours come with a much more sensible side zip closure and sewn down faux buttons. No need to worry about opening gaps in between buttons, and bursting buttons when you eat! haha.

Take your pick from Purple Florals,


Blue Polka Dots,


Pink Florals (one of my favourite cause it oozes vintage femininity!)


and Green Polka Dots (dress can be worn both ways, yays!)


OHhh!! did I mention that ours come with skirt lining as well? At more than 50% discount from Topshop prices, everyone from our dearest suppliers, friendly fellow blogshop owners and lovely models wanted a piece!! We are one big shiny happy family! :D


Other items in this collection includes a black gala maxi which has a fabulous cut that really helps to elongate the silhouette. Entire LP team wants to keep this as well! It might be a tad long for girls below 1.7m so do be prepared to send it for alteration.. :S but still very pretty and appropriate for year end parties!



A casual crochet top great with denim shorts or waisted flare skirts, love the drape shoulder detail :)



Marigold crop top which both of us really dig the unique length and tabbed sleeves



Simple yet classy monochrome flare dress which is going to last you a pretty long while. the cut is so everlasting!



My pick for this collection, H&M picnic frock with adorable chest pockets in a lovely shade of milk yellow, yumtums!



Simin's pick for the collection, a bell sleeved white blouse made of such awesome material it almost weighs as much as a dress ;)



and lastly, we seldom bring in chinos but when we stumble upon a pair of such amazing cut and interesting shade of blue, we just couldn't resist it, ha!




okie dokie, that's all babes! hope you girls see something you like and see you later at 8pm!
if you have any queries, do direct them to http://www.formspring.me/lilypirates and simin will try her very best to reply you before the launch. good night lovelies! ☾

No comments:

Post a Comment